The Toronto to Zero Champion Team
The role of the Champion Team is to:
- Oversee the initiative’s planning, implementation and impact/outcomes, and ensure its feasibility.
- Establish a shared agenda/roadmap.
- Develop an open and transparent community engagement and consultation process.
- Establish targets and indicators, and report publically on project progress.
- Address any issues that have major implications for the desired outcome(s).
- Establish time-limited Task Groups to develop action plans to address key needs, issues and gaps.
The Champion Team is chaired by Murray Jose-Boerbridge (Director of the Toronto HIV/AIDS Network) and Darien Taylor (member of the Ending the Epidemic advocacy group), and includes individuals representing the following organizations:
Ending the Epidemic
Toronto HIV/AIDS Network
AIDS Committee of Toronto
Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention
Committee for Accessible AIDS Treatment
Toronto People with AIDS Foundation
Ontario Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Strategy
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
Maggie’s Toronto Sex Worker Action Project
Church Wellesley Health Centre
Toronto Public Health
Public Health Ontario
AIDS Bureau, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
Ontario HIV Treatment Network
Toronto Central LHIN
University Health Network
Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research
ViiV Healthcare (technical advisor)
Gilead Sciences (technical advisor)